Why should I have an Aryuvedic Kansa Vatki Foot Massage?
The whole chakra system is connected to the soles of the feet. Therefore, the soles of the feet are directly connected to the human soul. So, working on the chakra points of the feet helps in re-balancing the Chakra
The Kansa Vatki Foot Massage also treats particular ‘marma points’. These are areas which create energy channels to various internal organs and doshas in the body. By working on the marma points in the feet, this treatment helps to rebalance your own innate energy.
What Happens during the treatment?
Your therapist will do vigorous circular and stroking movements, with the back of the bowl with oil, when rubbed on the sole of the feet, You will really enjoy the warm, soothing feeling of the Kansa Vatki bowl. More importantly, the Kansa Vatki bowl can offer many health benefits like relaxing tired feet, improving joint mobility, promoting sound sleep, and relieving eyestrain. It also helps in balancing the bio-energetic principles (doshas) of Ayurveda that regulate body functions.
What is the bowl made of and why is it so effective?
Metals are extensively used in Ayurvedic treatments. Copper, Zinc and Tin are the major constituents of the authentic Kansa Vatki bowl that is used:
- copper helps in reducing pain, inflammation, and arthritis.
- Zinc helps in proper functioning of the immune system, digestion, control of diabetes etc.
- Tin is believed to be helpful in digestion, relieving headaches and insomnia.
The following physical benefits have been reported:
- Relaxation of tired feet
- Improved blood and lymph circulation
- Better joint mobility in the lower limbs
- Helps relieve eyestrain/tired eyes
- Helps detoxify the internal organs
- Lowers Vata (Vata leads the other doshas and may be the first dosha to become imbalanced). Lowering Vata can help prevent disease.
- Increases strength and stamina in lower limbs
The following mental benefits have been reported:
- Help in reduction of stress, anxiety, depression
- Enhances mental activities
- Induces sound sleep
- Calms the body
- Increases prana (life force energy)
- Restores and balances the body’s innate energy
For details of treatments available click here.
Kansa Vatki Foot Massage™ is the trademark of Mr Narendra Meht
Copyright © 2007 London Centre of Indian Champissage